|Now, in the first major trial of its kind, researchers at Cleveland Clinic in the US showed that people who had previously reported problems with statins were nearly twice as likely to suffer muscle pains and weakness than those on placebo. Nearly 43.|
|Mevacor and the statin drugs that quickly followed it onto the U.S. market — Zocor (simvastatin), Pravachol (pravastatin), Leschol (fluvastatin), Lipitor (atorvastatin) and Crestor (rosuvastatin) — were initially taken by people who had already.|
|People who use statin drugs to lower their cholesterol sometimes complain of muscle pain and soreness. But a new study suggests that in some cases these side effects may be a result of combining statins with other medications. The research found that .|
|About 10% to 20% of people who take statins report experiencing muscle pain or muscle cramps, while others complain of nausea, trouble sleeping, diarrhea, or constipation. Some people who take statins experience an increase in blood sugar and may .|
|In the STOMP trial, which was reported by heartwire from Medscape, there was an increase in creatine kinase (CK) levels and muscle pain with high-dose atorvastatin, with 19 patients diagnosed with myalgia with statin therapy vs 10 in the control arm .|
|Read an excerpt from Carlyn Zwarenstein's 'Opium Eater: The New Confessions' about a writer's struggle with opiates to cure her chronic pain. Photo via Flickr user romana klee. This article originally. Finally he thrust the sharp point home, pressed.|
- Symptom Management – Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasms
- Can Topical and Oral NSAIDs Be Combined for Pain Relief?
- Is It Safe To Stop Taking Lexapro And Prozac? Antidepressant Withdrawal, Brain Zaps, And Other Things To Consider
- Should You Stop Taking Your Heartburn Medicine?
- Drugs to Avoid in Women Taking Tamoxifen
- Trump Takes the Hair-Growth Drug Propecia. How Does It Work?
- 'Patients will die if they don't fix this': Hospitals rationing, stockpiling first-line antibiotics amid drug shortage
- FDA Urges Caution on Yeast Infection Drug During Pregnancy
- The Human Cost of a Misleading Drug-Safety Study
- 7 things you can do to avoid drug interactions