|If that medication is an antidepressant like Lexapro, here's what you need to know. Medications. If it is, the doctor likely will recommend that the patient be weaned slowly off the medication, as stopping suddenly could have serious side effects.|
|SSRIs include some of the best known antidepressants — like Prozac, Zoloft and citalopram and escitalopram, sold under the brand names Celexa and Lexapro. Because their side effects are fairly low and are well-documented, they are often the first .|
|These feelings could last up to 12 weeks after discontinuing medication, and they could occur alongside increased anxiety and exacerbated irritability, too. Experts say these side effects shouldn't completely discourage you from going off your.|
|Nathan Heller profiles the novelist and essayist Ayelet Waldman, who turned an L.S.D. microdosing treatment for her unstable moods into her latest project.|
|When I first heard Kanye talk about going off his Lexapro in "FML," a shiver ran through me. No person who takes a drug prescribed for mental. I didn't think to obsess over potential side effects, because almost every prescribed drug has a long list.|
|“I'm scared of you lately,” my husband said to me sheepishly a few months ago. This sounds harsh, but in fairness to him, I've been scaring myself, too. Over the .|
|There was a mirror in the tiny room where I'd spent most of the last four weeks undergoing an agonising cold turkey withdrawal from five antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs. I stood on the metal bed and struggled to recognize. It didn't take me.|
|Some of these household name drugs are Celexa, Lexapro, Luvox, Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft. Although the effects alcohol can have on those taking antidepressants are not well-known, many experts and manufacturers of these drugs warn against mixing the .|
|Classified as third-generation antidepressants, they are known for having fewer side effects than older pills and work by increasing levels of serotonin, a brain chemical naturally produced by your body. While serotonin serves many roles within your.|
|Kratom — a supplement made from the leaves of an evergreen tree indigenous to Thailand and Southeast Asia — made headlines late last summer. In August, the Drug.. for the rest of my life? What are the long-term effects of this? But I am going to.|
- Antidepressant-Induced Liver Injury Underestimated
- Should You Stop Taking Your Heartburn Medicine?
- 7 things you can do to avoid drug interactions
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy: Stay on Them or Stop?
- AHA: Study Finds Celebrex Safe for Heart
- DARPA's Brain Chip Implants Could Be the Next Big Mental Health Breakthrough—Or a Total Disaster
- Two types of drugs you may want to avoid for the sake of your brain
- Depression pills sabotaged my love life: Woman reveals how anti-depressants crushed her libido
- How Wikipedia Is Making Kids Dumber Than Ever
- Do You Have Muscle Pain While Taking a Statin Drug?